Warwick Week Two
Agenda of our Warwick meeting/Skype call, Tuesday, January 9th, 2018
(1) Quick update from Colin
(a) Jan 2018 volunteer group starting mid-January [I have copied them all in to this email]
- The individuals (and group) will be working both on transcription and on the new community C17th Textiles, Garments & Dyestuffs glossary we have created from scratch since December 24th 2017
- Would you like some contact with this group? If so, how and when?
(b) Finding aid for deponents in HCA 13/53
(2) Your experience of transcribing over the break - a couple of minutes from each of you
- What worked? What didn't?
- What online paleographical help have you used (MarineLives or other)?
- Did you work with your assigned partner? Was that helpful?
(3) Review and improve whatever you have done over the holidays
- Let's all see if we can improve your work. Tricky words? Capitalisation? Latinate expressions?
(4) Let's work together on some new pages
- I propose we work on a couple from HCA 13/68, where handwriting is very clear
They have already been trannscribed, which is fine, since you can look at transcriptions later.
Assignments to take us to our next meeting
[TEXT AND LINKS TO BE ADDED BY BEN, PLUS OTHER COMMENTS ON SUPPORT OVER NEXT TEN DAYS OR SO]
1:1 Skype support available from Colin, whenever you need it
Please, please, please reach out by email to set up 1:1 Skype time with Colin, as and when it is useful, or alternatively reach for Ben.
Better to talk through transcription problems early, it saves a lot of time later